Emergency Business Relief Grant
1st Intake deadline June 10th, noon
We recognize that many small to medium sized businesses are most at risk during this crisis. While Federal and Provincial support initiatives continue to evolve, the hard costs of doing business remain and are especially impactful to those merchants who have been mandated to close.
The Emergency Relief Fund, created jointly through financial contributions of: the Abbotsford Downton Business Association, Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce, Abbotsford Tech District and Community Activators such as RBC, offers grants of up to $2,500 to support immediate business operation needs.
- You are a local Abbotsford business or not for profit comprised of 1-26 employees
- Your focus is on business resilience and resumption of regular operations once the current pandemic situation has been resolved and the government lifts restrictions
- Must have been in business for at least 6 months
Preference will be given to:
- You are a business/sector that has been particularly hard hit or mandated to close under current provincial orders since March 15th;
- Your needs are not yet supported by existing government programs or subsidies;
- You hold a business license in good standing to operate in the City of Abbotsford;
Consideration given to:
- If you are a member of one of the coalition member based associations (ACOC, ADBA, FVICBA)
- Have demonstrated innovation and adaptability to pivot in the current COVID-19 environment
The ABCC reserves the right to not award the Emergency Business Relief Grant for any reason.