Abbotsford Business Boost Program
While we are confident that government at all levels are working to best address the needs of Canadians in a timely manner in a very complex situation, the Coalition recognizes that there are immediate and pressing needs in the community that require timely response while Federal and Provincial programs are created and administered.
To support those needs, the Coalition has established the Abbotsford Business Boost program to help provide support and resources to business owners to ensure they are able to traverse the service gap, address immediate needs and ensure their economic resilience into the future.
We are offering support through three distinct streams:
- The Emergency Relief Fund
- Business Peer-to-Peer Program
- The Digital Pivot initiative
The Emergency Relief Fund
We recognize that many small to medium sized businesses are most at risk during this crisis. While Federal and Provincial support initiatives continue to evolve, the hard costs of doing business remain and are especially impactful to those merchants who have been mandated to close.
The Emergency Relief Fund, created jointly through financial contributions of: the Abbotsford Downton Business Association, Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce, Abbotsford Tech District and Community Activators such as RBC, offers grants of up to $2,500 to support immediate business operation needs.
- You are a local Abbotsford business or not for profit comprised of 1-26 employees
- Your focus is on business resilience and resumption of regular operations once the current pandemic situation has been resolved and the government lifts restrictions
- Must have been in business for at least 6 months
Preference will be given to:
- You are a business/sector that has been particularly hard hit or mandated to close under current provincial orders since March 15th;
- Your needs are not yet supported by existing government programs or subsidies;
- You hold a business license in good standing to operate in the City of Abbotsford;
Consideration given to:
- If you are a member of one of the coalition member based associations (ACOC, ADBA, FVICBA)
- Have demonstrated innovation and adaptability to pivot in the current COVID-19 environment
The ABCC reserves the right to not award the Emergency Business Relief Grant for any reason.
for the 2020 Emergency Relief Grant
Business Peer-To-Peer Program
This program is for small to medium-sized businesses that are finding new pathways in the pandemic crisis, but who find that their needs are more resource-based. We’re helping to connect merchants with business peers in larger organizations who can support and mentor in areas where support is required.
The coalition recognizes that there may be a symbiotic relationship between businesses of different sizes allowing each to draw upon the strengths and best practices observed by the other. As all local businesses share a vested interest in ensuring the vibrancy of the local economy, we are excited to help make these introductions and business connections.
How to get involved as a small business:
- Contact us at www.abbylocals.com. Through our coalition members, Community Futures South Fraser, City of Abbotsford Economic Development, or Tourism Resiliency network, we have the resources to help.
- We will identify a key coalition partner(s) who will be able to understand your needs and get you connected with a peer mentor just right for you.
How to get involved as a business peer mentor:
- Contact us at www.abbylocals.com
- We will connect you with a coalition partner
- Once connected, they will identify your areas of expertise and introduce you to a potential peer mentee.
The Digital Pivot Initiative
It’s not just this pandemic period that has introduced the arena of e-commerce, but it has certainly punctuated the importance for businesses to have a digital presence. This program offers support for businesses to enable the adoption of virtual customer interface. This includes:
The Support Local BC digital platform
Sponsored by Tourism Abbotsford and administered by Community Futures, this creates a digital platform that is FREE to merchants looking to expand their digital footprint and make their products and services available – both now and in the future – to the public at large and allow their patronage for your business.